From USD per cabin room
Ylang, the latest member of Heritage Line’s ship collection in Lan Ha Bay, features a splendid blend of Asian-Vietnamese design with French-Colonial accents. This ancient flair of Indochina emanates throughout the vessel with a delicate floral leitmotif inspired by local poetry and related to the four seasons of the year. Local artisans contributed to Ylang’s decoration with hand-crafted paintings and artwork using various materials and techniques. All suites are dedicated to a particular blossom which typically represents a season in Vietnam. All this creates an inimitable sense of bliss and an exceptional abode at sea.
Ylang has only ten spacious suites on two decks – each room is flooded with natural light pouring in through floor-to-ceiling panoramic doors which open onto a private balcony. What makes Ylang unique, is her expansive spa with its extensive selection of thoughtfully selected treatments. The focus on wellness lives on in the more dynamic activities such as “singing bowl” meditation or early morning Tai Chi lessons on the upper deck.
- Entrance fees
- English speaking guide
- Luxury accommodation with A/C, hot shower, mini bar
- Kayaking for the 2nd day
- Exclusive Cruise through Halong Bay
- Welcome Cocktail and meals (as stated in itinerary)
- Sunrise Tai Chi Class
- Insurance on board
- More than 15 days prior to check-in: FREE of charge
- From 15 to 3 days prior to check-in: 50% of total rates
- Less than 72 hours prior to check-in: 100% of total rates
- No-Show: 100% of total rates
- 01 child maximum per cabin and child reduction applicable only if sharing a cabin with maximum of 2 adults.
- Free of charge for child under 5 years old, in parents’ room and using existing bedding.
- For a child from 5-11 years old, if sharing a cabin with a maximum of 2 adults, limiting to one child per cabin, charge of 115 for 2 days/1 night and $175 for 3 days/2 nights
- Extra bed: charge of $30 applied for children under 12 requiring extra bed, in addition to the charge mentioned above. For adult, the charge is 40% of cabin price.
- Return transfers from Hanoi to Halong
- Beverage and other personal expenses
- Gratuity on board
- All other services not mentioned in Inclusions
- Surcharge 25% for Christmas 24/12, New Year 31/12, Lunar New Year’s Eve.
- If the cancellation be announced by the Management Board of Halong Bay, depend on the timing of the cancellation, following policies will be applied:
- Before departure from Hanoi to Halong Bay (none of the services has been used): 100% refund.
- During the trip (some services have been used: transfer, lunch, day trip, hotel in Halong, etc.): used services will be charged, the rest will be refunded.
- The trip be cut down from 2 nights to 1 night, tourists will be charged a 2 days/1 night trip, plus other used services, the rest will be refunded.
- The final cost will be confirmed by your consultant via email. In all cases, please contact us directly for any urgent help. We are here to support you with all of our best!
ITINERARY 3 DAYS 2 NIGHT SHOW LESSdetails
Day 1: Hanoi - Halong Bay - Lan Ha Bay
Arrive at the pier by 11:30am for check in process.
After meeting at Heritage Line’s welcome lounge at the Tuan Chau Marina, we take a quick speedboat transfer to your luxurious floating home before starting our unique journey of exploring one of the wonders of nature – Lan Ha Bay and its main island of Cat Ba. The first highlight of the cruise is lunch, which we serve in Ylang’s nearly 360-degree light-flooded, elegant restaurant. Enjoy a fine menu of tasty local, international or vegetarian dishes freshly prepared by our culinary team.
Relax on the terrace deck or on your private balcony and soak in the enchanting aura which emanates from the surreal seascape. While we cruise along in the early afternoon, there is time to enjoy Ylang’s vast wellness and spa facilities. Take a plunge in the pool with infinity-like vistas or choose your favourite treatment from an extensive spa menu.
As we reach the shore of a small lagoon on Cat Ba Island, we hop on bicycles (electric cart transfers are also available) for a tour along small paved roads towards Viet Hai village. Little has changed in Viet Hai since the ancestors of the 80 households settled here centuries ago. Situated in a valley within Cat Ba National Park and surrounded on all sides by forest and mountains, the locals are isolated from the island’s other villages and towns. The community is self-sufficient, as the residents provide for themselves by working the farms, fishing, or collecting rain water for drinking. Here you have the unique and authentic opportunity to meet the local inhabitants, learn about the fruits and vegetables grown in the valley, have a glimpse of the local households and try some homemade liquors.
Back on board, there is time for you to partake in our activities offered while we set sail to a tranquil place for an overnight mooring nearby. A tea tasting class is held in the Ylang Restaurant where you may learn about Vietnam’s traditional herbal teas and gain insight into their health benefits. Alternatively, let us pamper you with a spa treatment, opt for a foot massage in the privacy of your suite or gaze upon the beauty of the bay during sunset from the terrace deck.
For dinner, choose from a diverse selection of dishes on the menu as our chef prepares a delectable multiple course meal. Afterwards, we offer in the Wellness Studio a guided “singing bowl meditation”, an ancient Tibetan ritual which invokes a deep state of relaxation, alleviates stress, and promotes a better night of sleep.
One of the best ways to spend the evening is to take a seat under the stars on the terrace deck or on your private balcony to embrace the serenity of this surreal landscape. And if you would like to fully immerse yourself in relaxation, our spa is open until late.
Day 2: Lan Ha Bay - Cat Ba Island
Wake up early and join our Tai Chi session on the terrace deck to ease your mind and muscles with the first rays of the sun touching the water. Then re-energize yourself from our wide selection healthy or hearty breakfast offerings.
Ylang sails towards the southern tip of Cat Ba Island. We board a tender and visit one of a few remaining authentic floating fishing villages near Ben Beo. This fishing village is home to 300 families living in floating houses and earning a living from fishing and aquaculture, much like their ancestors. Get a close view of how the villagers live and work on the water in this unique community.
We then continue on tender towards Ben Beo Pier, where we come ashore and travel a short distance along scenic island roads to Cat Ba National Park. For passengers craving a bit of exercise, we invite you for a leisurely and mindful walk (taking the same path both ways) through this lush, jungle-like forest. Cat Ba National Park is designated as a biosphere reserve and hosts over 1,500 plant species, 78 avian, 20 reptilian and 32 mammalian species including deer, macaques and civets. Or you may opt to stay aboard and take advantage of Ylang’s facilities.
During lunch, Heritage Line Ylang resumes sailing northeast through the stony labyrinth of Lan Ha Bay, eventually reaching a secluded spot in the bay. We head to a natural island beach via tender for kayaking, swimming and optional guided meditation session (snacks and juices are provided). Otherwise, kick back and treat yourself from our wide selection of wellness offerings on board.
After dinner, soothe your body and mind and bring your day to a gentle close with another guided “Singing Bowl Meditation” ceremony, or simply unwind on your private balcony while taking in the tranquillity of Lan Ha Bay.
Day 3: Lan Ha Bay - Hanoi
Start the day early again with another open-air session of Tai Chi before having a light snack to go with your tasty, traditional Vietnamese coffee. This morning, Ylang moors in another quiet spot to offer you one last chance to go kayaking or take a refreshing early morning swim - conveniently from the ship’s platform. Enjoy these final moments to fully take in the senses of the bay.
While we pass back through Lan Ha and Halong Bay towards Ylang’s mid-bay anchoring spot, we serve breakfast and leave you some time to savour the moments of this unique journey while relaxing on comfy sun beds on the terrace deck.
Arrive at the pier at around 11:00 am. And you take bus to Hanoi. Trip ends
Services & Facilities
- 24-hour Security
- Rowing boat
- Safety box at reception
- Tender for sightseeing
- Baby cot
- Beauty Services and Massage
- Cabin Service (Snack Meals)
- Shuttle Bus: Daily from Hanoi Old Quarter from 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM
- Check-in: 12:00
- Check-out: 11:00
Activities on Board
- Cooking classes
- Movie nights
- Spa & Massage
- Tai Chi
Activities on Request
- Birthday / Wedding anniversary/ Honeymoon
- Corporate Party
- Traditional or modern live music